Working and street children are at a much higher risk of contracting HIV than other teenagers, and some are even unknowingly HIV positive.
Iran’s Children Charity, is seeking to educate street and working children between the ages 12 to 18 about the routes of contracting the HIV virus and ways to protect against it, and where necessary to link these children with the relevant clinics and clinicians for diagnosis and potential treatment.
The educational program designed for these vulnerable children is as follows:
1) Initial assessment of the extent of knowledge of these children about HIV/AIDs
2) Introduction to AIDs and ways to prevent it
3) Performance of the theatrical program “Rostam Mastan” (Vahid Jahanmiri Nejad) as one of the selected street plays whose theme deals with common social issues
4) Food and distribution of educational leaflets
5) An accompanying panel of counselors and experts to confidentially advise the children on any issues and questions they may have
6) Retrospective assessment of the effectiveness of this educational program
Our aim foremost is to secure the required financial aid to perform this educational program for 1000 children in need. Your contribution can help safeguard these vulnerable children against HIV.
With only £5 per child, you could help secure a safer future for street and working children through this educational campaign.
For payments in Iran:
Sarmaieh Bank 6396 0711 0071 0672
For payments outside Iran:
Also UK residents can donate by texting ‘AIDS17’ to 70070.